S01E01 |12 bajke 36 (Barah bajke Chhatis minute)

Please support on UPI m.manaja@paytm pay_dOVERanalyst_upi_all_in_one_qr_code_gpay_paytm_phonepe_postpaid_wallet%20%281%29
4 Mar 2014

It was so sweet I am still smiling. Lying on my bed, on the cozy pillow, taking long breaths, (ok, not like the pic), the cool wind's touch is amazing, as if it is still brushing my cheeks and I breathe in to absorb it.

©This work is copyrighted.
Copying or deriving characters from this story or any derivative work based on the theme of the book, Ayesha Diaries, or the characters mentioned in this book, is a legal offence.

This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, businesses, places, events and incidents are either the products of the author’s imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.

The author has tried to recreate locales and popular destinations from her memories of them and woven stories around them. 

S01E01 |12 bajke 36 (Barah bajke Chhatis minute)
It was so sweet I am still smiling. Lying on my bed, on the cozy pillow, taking long breaths, the cool wind's touch is amazing, as if it is still brushing my cheeks and I breathe in to absorb it.
Innocent— I conclude. Yes, me sitting behind him in the Royal Enfield he was so proud of, gleaming silver, my hand rested on his arched broad shoulders puffing out of this obsessive compulsive disorder of being a fitness freak. 
"It was a really really nice time that I'd!  Thanks!" I WhatsApp him.



























Click on the below link to read on Chapter Two.
S01E02 12 Bajke Chhatis | A date is supposed to be SPECIAL



How was I so free? I've never done this! Never been this buddy,  sitting in a dress like a guy on a sporty bike! For God's sake, I've just met him. It's only the second time. How do I connect so fast, so easily?
I still feel the cold vibrant wind of the night despite the stuffy room and slow fan that just churns the air.
So cool. So refreshing.

"Me too"


Shit! I don't have a single snap from last night! How do I manage to let go of moments like this? 
When I'd first rushed after confessions of a singlet who went on dates in front of my TamBrahm colleague, Anuradha Phalghunan, on how bad it can also be dealing with men, how one simply looks at only the bright sides to stay happy and has to ignore the jerks around, we had decided what to wear. It was simple. I didn't have to do anything much. Got a cab so I'm not late. Freshened up. Groomed and dressed in the royal blue dress with black prints and white laces along the ruffles and just gave one last thought to the lemon yellow, pink and lavender print dress, so I could carry the floaters along with it. But dismissed it as a beach dress. After all, I was going to Palladium and Phoenix all over again. Let's be well dressed. And I do look slimmer in this!


This blog art was a new try.
 Let me know, how you like it!
I hurry, deciding to do the lip balm in the cab, in usual Mumbaiya girl style. Sling bag sliding by my side, a matching black with stainless steel beaded with the handle, I run.
I still remember & smile at a few hours earlier. Back in my boring office chair, the girls chirping in.
"Yes, I go on dates but—"
"It's not possible. You alone on a weekend!"
"Really? No, it is nothing really. Just a guy and girl meeting over a cup of coffee". I blush scarlet, batting my eyelashes. (For men, who officially know no colours- it is red).

"So, who is it, tonight!"
I gasp and my usual, 'What are you making of me' look on my face scowling at them.
"Oh, come on, han! So many times I'm just sleeping at home", I stare at Anu's Oh really face. "Ok, fine. I do have to go somewhere. Someone has called me out for a coffee. Does that count as a date?"

"Of course, it does!"

"Oh, see..he said,'Let's go out and chill over a cup of coffee and discuss'"

"Oh, that IS asking you out!" Natasha and Anu couldn't have been more scowling with the 'And you know it too' look.
 ...............................................................

Getting out of the cab outside Eros and hurrying across the subway was anything but easy. Running down the steps with heels in a dress amidst totally unlike people, I tell myself 'It's ok. It's okhaaaaayyyyy'. 

'Is Lower Parel a slow or fast station? Slow, I think.'



I hurry to the smart card vending machine. Seeing it slow is a relief. Seeing the only slow train to Borivali, I decide on it. Once seated, the cold wind blowing, I fix my hair with the glittering stone clutcher. I should have shampooed. Really? And when would that be? At least my lips are shining cherry — a lovely reddish pink hue.

Getting there was easy but getting out of the station was a herculean task for someone like me! I'd decided this time I'd be really ok. No more mishaps. No more getting lost.Ok, straight never works with you, Ayesha!

"Where are you, exactly?"
"Status Restaurant. Just ask anyone. It's straight outside."
Alrighty then, I decide to ask. To my luck, obviously, they don't know. I ask the vendor.
"Go straightttt and then left."
I ask a lady. Of course, she doesn't know. 

Ok, no losing hope.

Finally, someone knows. I go straight and I'm there. Now, where is he?
My thick Yeh Jawani hai Deewani style specs don't help either. My eyes roll left, right and left and right. Obviously, I couldn't spot any skull mask.
"I can see that"

Okhay, fine. I'm not that sure! But, what can I do about it.

"Okhaaaayyyyyy...Hi"
"Hi" He smiles and shakes my hand.
Pink or green, some shade of sunglasses that can be worn in the evening, he seemed much like a unicorn, still sticking on his Royal Enfield. And I was like a man — unable to comprehend many things at the same time, as usual lost.
"Wo...I'm not too good at directions and finding places...."
Arghhhh. I roll my eyes."I did ask ok! The vendor said go straight and " I go on explaining as I sit in a ladylike manner.
"Are you ok? Are you sure, you will be ok?'
"Yes," I say out aloud.
OhMyGod. He really has muscles! OMG. He drove with ease with his tattooed arm peeking through his sweaty T-shirt that he had claimed to be wearing straight from his work-out.
It was amazing. We quickly make it there chattering all the way. He was asking more while I was falling silent a bit.

Apart from the vivid chatter that prevailed between us, the hilarious part was, "What are you thinking?"
"I'm thinking what you are thinking"
"No, I'M thinking what you are thinking!"

That waist line. Happy sigh.

'Dress on a bike?
Why not? How many times do you go to such places where you can wear dresses, Ayesha! It's ok. Really', I tell myself.

' Heels!' I curse.

"So, who is it, tonight!"
I gasp and my usual, 'What are you making of me' look on my face scowling at them.



"Oh, come on, han! So many times I'm just sleeping at home", I stare at Anu's Oh really face,"Ok, fine. I do have to go somewhere. Someone has called me out over a coffee. Does that count as a date?"

"Of course, it does!"

"Oh, see..he said,'Let's go out and chill over a cup of coffee and discuss'"

"Oh, that IS asking you out!" Natasha and Anu couldn't have been more scowling with the 'And you know it too' look.



'Is Lower Parel a slow or fast station? Slow, I think.'
I hurry to the smart card vending machine. Seeing it slow is a relief. Seeing the only slow train to Borivali, I decide on it. Once seated, the cold wind blowing, I fix my hair with the glittering stone clutcher. I should have shampooed. Really?And when would that be? At least my lips are shining cherry — a lovely pink hue.






"Thank you"
I rush straight up the stairs and see no left. Dead end.
Rush down and ask again. (Local Maharashtrian Natasha's rule—Always keep asking. You can get anywhere in Mumbai.)

Ok, no losing hope.
My thick Yeh Jawani hai Deewani style specs don't help either.My eyes roll left, right and left and right. Obviously I couldn't spot any skull mask.




"I can see that"



Okhay, fine. I'm not that sure! But, what can I do about it.


"Take it easy! Why are you so uneasy?"
"Khul k baat nahi kar rahi hoon, in my usual style, right? I know."
“So, what do you want to eat?”
“Anything, really”
“Still, what?”
“Food”
“Wow….that was…”
“So vague? Hahahahha”
“Yeahhh”
“Ok, You had said you’ll have chicken. I’m fine with it.”
“Wow, that was again so—"
“Specific?” I offer sarcastically and giggle.

"Wait here" he orders as he goes to park. Nice time to shift my house keys back to the safe compartment in my bag, something I'd not been able to do due to my freshly painted bright pink nail paint which I'd already ruined big time. I also decide the clutcher is better in the bag and brush off my hair with my fingers making it manageable.
We exchange quick awkward looks as he is right there catching me in my thoughts.
"You don't seem to be you. Relax. Chill."

"Yeah. Nothing. It's just the rushing in heels" I hold his hand before I falter on the uneven cemented parking lot of the extremely swanky Palladium- Phoenix," You see I'm wearing very comfortable heels but—"
“So, why are you wearing them?”
“Because I’m wearing my dress, something that I don’t get to wear often. Array, I’m just a little-worked up. I’ll be fine really. Trust me. Office, then getting here. It’s like in The Highway movie— a little more air and time will make me fine” 
“Ok. So, you like Italian food?”
“Umm, I do. But now, really. I’m in for something spicy. Nothing bland”
“There’s Moshe’s—Copper Chimney with Indian but—well, there’s Spaghetti Kitchen, California Pizza Kitchen, what say?”
“Ya, sure. I love pizzas.”
He makes the ‘After, you, Ma’am’ gesture.
Wow. I blush and he even opens the door. Double wow. 
Ok. No jumping to conclusions. Mumbai people can never be what they seem to be!


SubscribeI'm a simple radio jockey. There will be no spam. Only content IF I'm free, that is. Click the button for new post updates.
I am trying feed burner alternatives. Get your own 👉follow.it

Comment!

Also ✅ post to facebook. Please donate to help support us creating more content. A subscription/ one-time payment will really help.paypal.me/doveranalyst or m.manaja@paytm

Choose a recurring payment option from dropdown.

Payment options INDIA in INR
pay doveranalyst in Indian rupees
Payment Options in USD
paypal doveranalyst

Buying Recommendations

100% cotton sarees - amazon

Just bought this after lockdown. Super comfortable for daily wear.

💍Best rings on amazon

This ring has survived for years! Cabin crew literally gasped, "Where did you get it from, Ma'am!"

💋Best Clothes you can Buy!

Finding safe clothes online is an art, here's how

Safe Chemical Free Makeup

💋Complete List of Safe Makeup

Non-toxic chemical-free makeup available in India

💅16 Non-toxic Nail Paints

Safe nail paints are very important when you're pregnant or cooking, for example, making a dough. We Indians love to eat with our hands too. Let's avoid some chemicals while we are at it.

💋Safest Concealers you can Buy

The safest Non-toxic chemical-free concealers with zero chemicals!

Get Amazon INDIA Prime membership

or Audible here: